Healthy Eating Habits and Beyond
Specific Strategies to Overcome Mealtime Challenges
The dinner table is not always an easy place for kids, conflict and stress can exacerbate an already negative siuation and adversely impact a child's eating and weight regulation.
Katja Rowell, M.D., aka the Feeding Doctor, establishes and goes beyond the essential habits for creating a happy and healthy mealtime. Specific challenges for foster and adopted children like food insecurity, food hoarding, and preoccupation are discussed with immediate and practical solutions.
Parents will learn:
- Strategies to reduce conflict and anxiety around food, plus what to expect in the transition
- How meal and snack routines help picky eating and food preoccupation
- How to introduce and serve foods so that children to tune in to cues of hunger and fullness
- What to put on the table other than “kid” food
- How to avoid the most common counterproductive feeding “mistakes”
Please join us on Twitter using #ALPMealtime
This webinar was offered live November 6, 2014.
Once purchased, you will launch the recorded webinar from the link in your account page.
PLEASE NOTE: Your certificate will be available
upon successful completion of a post test.
The audio for the recorded webinar can be heard through your computer speakers. We recommend
external speakers or headphones. There are no refunds or exchanges for the webinar once you have purchased it.