Healthy Eating Habits and Beyond
Specific Strategies to Overcome Mealtime Challenges
The dinner table is not always an easy place for adopted or foster kids. Foster and adopted children often have challenges such as food insecurity, food hoarding and preoccupation, picky and selective eating, and sensory challenges.
Katja Rowell, M.D., aka the Feeding Doctor, establishes and goes beyond the essential habits for creating a happy and healthy mealtime to explore why a child may be struggling, how stress and conflict negatively impact eating and weight regulation, and what parents can do right away to address challenges.
Parents will learn:
- Strategies to reduce conflict and anxiety around food, plus what to expect in the transition
- How meal and snack routines help picky eating and food preoccupation
- How to introduce and serve foods so that children to tune in to cues of hunger and fullness
- What to put on the table other than “kid” food
- How to avoid the most common counterproductive feeding “mistakes”
Submit your questions for us
by tweeting them to @adoptiontweet
Live Webinar Details
Thursday, November 6, 2014
PLEASE NOTE: If you purchase the certificate option, your certificate will be
available upon successful completion of a post test. The post test will be in your
Adoption Learning Partners account after the live event.
The audio for the live webinar can be heard over the phone or through your computer speakers.
If you choose to listen through your computer, we recommend external speakers or headphones. If you call in
by phone, it is a toll call. There are no refunds or exchanges for the webinar once you have purchased it.
If you purchase, but are unable to attend the live webinar, a recorded version will be available in your account after the event.
The recorded version broadcasts over your computer speakers.